About Me

My photo
I'm a beautiful student with a very high sense of humor that's why chaps love me ! I usually get scolded by my teachers because of being a hard-headed student! But in spite of that, i LOVE my teachers! I love to express my extraordinary ideas and opinions during class hours!I am blessed with talents: singing, dancing, acting, impersonating, etc. Lastly, I am a God-fearing person!

Friday, July 15, 2011

The Apathetic Warrior of The Iliad ...


   Achilles was known as the ruthless yet strongest warrior of the Acheaens. He brutally killed the innocent son of King Priam who was Hector.


   Achilles finished. Then on noble Hector's corpse he carried out a monstrous act. He cut through the tendons behind both feet, from heel to ankle, threaded them with ox-hide thongs, and then tied these onto his chariot, leaving the head to drag behind. He dimmed up into his chariot, brought on the splendid armour, then lashed his horses. They sped off eagerly, dragging hector. A dust cloud rose above him, his dark hair spread out around him, and Hector's head, once so handsome, was covered by the dust, for Zeus had given him to his enemies to dishonour in his own native land. So all his head grew dirty (22.520.231-232). Hector, whose body was tortured by Achilles has left with no chance to take revenge for himself. These lines proved that, Achilles has no pity for Hector. He used his strength to lynch Hector and other people. Achilles did not show sympathy for Hector's family. He revealed that he does not have any fear of ending someone's life. 




   Truly, Achilles did not posses any good attitude in "the Iliad". His image as the strongest warrior with an iron heart marked in the story. If I will place Achilles in our existence, he will be punish for everything he did. Therefore, Achilles is the kind of warrior who has no fear of anyone and defends what he thinks is right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment