About Me

My photo
I'm a beautiful student with a very high sense of humor that's why chaps love me ! I usually get scolded by my teachers because of being a hard-headed student! But in spite of that, i LOVE my teachers! I love to express my extraordinary ideas and opinions during class hours!I am blessed with talents: singing, dancing, acting, impersonating, etc. Lastly, I am a God-fearing person!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

EVERYBODY Deserves To Live With PURPOSE !

 "I am BEAUTIFUL, no matter what they say. Words CAN'T bring me DOWN! 'Coz I am BEAUTIFUL, in every SINGLE WAY. Yes WORDS won't bring me down! So don't YOU bring me down today!"

   Discrimination is the power of making fine distinctions or judgements. 
   Have you heard news about Overseas Filipino Workers being discriminated by the people in the countries they are destined at? Some of us do not know the condition of the Filipinos working out of our country. They are experiencing different kinds of judgments. One example of judgment is the color of the Filipinos because, most of us are born with brown complexion. I remembered the time when the White Americans had distance between the Black Americans. I felt pity for the Black Americans because, it seemed like they were not given the right to live. 
   
   Are you experiencing discrimination? How do you deal with it? Do you face it negatively or positively?
   In 2002, a search for the next kiddie idol was held. It is the Star Circle Quest: Kids Edition! Thousands of kids joined the contest and I'm one of them. My mom convinced me to join the contest at an early age. By that time, I do not have the idea of entering contests like that. Screenings, VTRs, photo shoots are held in the search. Every week, there are eliminations. I reached up to 50 contestants, then I got eliminated. Actually, I did not expect that I will pass the first screening! Luckily, out of the thousand that joined there, I reached the final 50. But then, the reason why I got eliminated is because of my brown complexion. The judges prefer to choose the white ones! By that time, I felt that I was discriminated. It was like I do not have the right to enter showbiz because of my complexion. But life still goes on. I never hated joining contests! 

   Even at present, injustice never leave me! When I entered high school, most of my schoolmates discriminate me because of insecurities. I always hear negative comments from them in every actions I make. When I was in First Year, my talent is developed the time when our school held a singing contest. Fourth Year students got insecure because of me. I had many experiences of intolerance even at the start of my High School life! I did not know how to handle the discrimination of my fellows. Until I entered Second Year and Third Year at present. I became independent and stronger than before. I am a POSITIVE person that is why I did not fail to SMILE after all these. Lately, I had Chickenpox. I did not thought that it would be hard for me to handle this disease. After two weeks, thank God that I recovered from this disease! Then I went to school even though I have scars all over my face and body! I expected that my classmates will tease me. My expectations were true! My teacher in English said, "CJ! What happened to your face! Hindi ka NA maganda!". Then I laughed and said, "Kahit may ganito ako miss, MAGANDA padin ako!". Instead of hating my teacher, my perspective in life became MORE POSITIVE! Maybe she is unaware how I LOVE HER because, even though she discriminates me, I am facing her with a SMILE and never regret on THANKING her for being that! Without her DISCRIMINATING WORDS, I will never be this STRONG! She is one of the people who molded my WHOLE PERSONALITY! I am getting my STRENGTH to the words I hear from her: whether positive nor negative!

   In this case, inspite of being discriminated I have realized that it is not a reason for me not to pursue my dreams because, a sense of purpose is the best driving force to live. Do not be affected or be intimidated by others. When you have a reason to live, you will never have the reason to quit because, you can be the best as you can be. It does not matter who you were, what matters is who you are today and will be tomorrow. Have a POSITIVE outlook in life!

   I want to dedicate this words to ALL the people who have discriminated and hate me! I THANK YOU because you have made me a STRONGER PERSON! Though your words or actions made my heart cry but, after every minute I hear those negative words, I am facing the reality that: GOD made Us in HIS own image and I will always be BEAUTIFUL in every single way I can be!

2 comments:

  1. cj you're the smartest and bravest girl of them all. and i admire your strength and perseverance.
    dont let those people pull you down. just think that their insecurities will eat them alive. take care always..pray..and smile..we love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calling your attention on what you are doing is very much different from discriminating a person. You are reminded of your actions for sometimes you tend to go overboard. If you were discriminated by the teachers you would have not been given the chance to join in any contests.

    ReplyDelete